The song screen shows the chords included in the song well as lyrics to sing along to. Most songs have 2 versions: Simplified and Original. You can switch between the versions and pick the one that best suits your skills.
If the song suggests a capo, you can check which fret to place the capo next to the song chords. If you decide not to use a capo and play the chords as they are shown, GuitarTuna recognizes the chords and scrolls through the song as you play. Do note, that if you listen to the original song through another device as you play it in GuitarTuna, it won't sound the same. Alternatively, you can disable the capo toggle in the song options (more information below).
If you’re not familiar with some of the chords, you can tap any chord name to see a diagram of how to play it.
To favorite a song, you can tap the Heart button at the top right corner. This adds the song to the “Your songs” collection in the Songs tab.
By tapping the Three dots button next to the Heart button, you can access the song options:
- To transpose the chords, tap the - or + button. Each tap transposes the chords by a half-step and you can view the new chords you are asked to play. To view the original chords, tap the Reset button.
- If you transpose a song and play the chords shown, the song sounds different than the original.
- Toggle off the Capo option if you don’t have a capo or don't want to play with one. This toggle is only enabled when the song requires a capo. Disabling it for a song that needs a capo changes the chords you’re expected to play.
- When you toggle off Smart Scroll GuitarTuna no longer scrolls through the song as you play.
- Tap the Like button to add a song to your favorites collection found in the Songs tab.