Yousician for singing has two modes for song play; Practice and Play. Practice mode is the place where you can practice a song at your own speed. Once you’ve learned the song, go and sing it in Play mode for stars and points.
You can access Practice mode by selecting Practice on the song start screen, and Play mode by selecting Play. You can also toggle between the two modes from the Pause menu.
When in Practice mode, you get feedback on how you sing. The song also restarts once you get to the end, so you can sing it again if you want to. To practice at your own speed, you can adjust the tempo yourself, or use the Auto tempo feature.
Tap or click anywhere on the screen to adjust the following:
- Select Tempo to toggle on the Auto tempo feature.
- Change the key to a song with Transpose.
- Select Vocals to adjust the volume of your voice and the guide vocal. You can also add sound effects to your voice by toggling on Reverb.
- Record yourself singing with Record & Review. You can find out more about it at our blog here.
The progress bar at the bottom of the screen shows your position in a song. You can loop any section in a song by moving the arrows.
Watch this video for more information about looping and the benefits of using it.
- Sing as well as you can to advance to the next task.
- Complete tasks to progress in the learning path.
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have starts at 3x when you sing a song, or a section in a song. It is visible in the top left corner in Play mode.
The number goes down or up depending on how you sing. If you consistently sing notes correctly, the app adds 'lives' for you up to 5x.