You can access Practice mode by selecting Practice on the song start screen, and Play mode by selecting Play. You can also toggle between the two modes from the in-song Pause menu.
When in Practice mode, tap or click anywhere on the screen and select Options from the Pause menu. You can access the tuner, audio settings, Mixer feature and change notation. You can also adjust the following:
- To hear what the fret sounds like, toggle on Play for me to use the synthesizer.
- Metronome adds a steady beat to the song. This enables you to maintain the song tempo while practicing.
- Toggling on Mute song silences the backing track.
- When Loop lead-in is on, you get a one bar count in at restart.
Once you have made the changes, select Done to save them.
Practice at your own speed to master the song. Adjust the tempo yourself or use the Auto tempo feature.
The progress bar at the bottom of the screen shows your position in a song. You can loop any section in a song by moving the arrows.
Watch this video for more information about looping and the benefits of using it.
- Play as well as you can to advance to the next task.
- Complete tasks to progress in the syllabus.
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have starts at 3x when you play a song, or a section in a song. It is visible in the top left corner in Play mode
The number goes down or up depending on how you play. If you consistently play notes correctly, the app adds 'lives' for you up to 5x.