Yousician bass has two modes for song play; Practice and Play. Practice mode is the place where you can practice a song at your own speed. Once you’ve learned the song, go and play it in Play mode for stars and points.
You can access Practice mode by selecting Practice on the song start screen, and Play mode by selecting Play. You can also toggle between the two modes from the Pause menu.
When in Practice mode, you get feedback on how you play. The song also restarts once you get to the end, so you can replay it if you want to. To practice at your own speed, you can adjust the tempo yourself, or use the Auto tempo feature.
Tap or click anywhere on the screen and select Options from the Pause menu. You can access the tuner, audio settings, Mixer feature and change notation. You can also adjust the following:
- To hear what the fret sounds like, toggle on Play for me to use the synthesizer.
- Toggle on the Auto-adjust speed to use the Auto tempo feature.
- Metronome adds a steady beat to the song. This enables you to maintain the song tempo while practicing.
- Toggling on Mute song silences the backing track.
- When Loop lead-in is on, you get a one bar count in at restart.
Once you have made the changes, select Done to save them.
The progress bar at the bottom of the screen shows your position in a song. You can loop any section in a song by moving the arrows.
Watch this video for more information about looping and the benefits of using it.
Check this Yousician How-to about the benefits to using a metronome.
- Play as well as you can to advance to the next task.
- Complete tasks to progress in the learning path.
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have starts at 3x when you play a song, or a section in a song. It is visible in the top left corner in Play mode.
The number goes down or up depending on how you play. If you consistently play notes correctly, the app adds 'lives' for you up to 5x.