Our artist partnership courses series connects you with artists from a variety of genres. Each course is tailored to the style of the artists’ music and personality, with one constant theme: connecting artists and Yousician players to learn and play together.
In each course, you:
- Get exclusive content: Inspirational advice and behind-the-scenes stories from your favorite artists’ musical journeys.
- Learn your favorite songs: Watch breakdowns of your favorite hits with custom instruction, tips and tricks for playing them.
- Share the spotlight: Join the artists in the spotlight using Yousician’s interactive gameplay.
What’s included in Metallica x Yousician
Play like Metallica, with Metallica. Learn guitar with the 8x Grammy-winning band in 3 new courses packed with exclusive tutorials and tips from James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett. Discover the real way to play your favorite riffs and licks, dive into downpicking and lead guitar, and get behind-the-scenes stories about Metallica’s musical journey. The Metallica x Yousician courses, released this summer, include:
- Available from June 14, 2022.
- Learn Metallica’s most recognizable riffs, like "Nothing Else Matters", "Enter Sandman", "The Unforgiven" and more.
Rock In Rhythm
- Available from June 28, 2022
- Play Metallica songs you love and learn essential rhythm skills like downpicking, palm muting, and speed with James Hetfield.
Take The Lead
- Available from July 12, 2022.
- Learn to play lead on songs like “The Unforgiven”, “For Whom The Bell Tolls” and “Master Of Puppets” and improve speed and agility with exercises.
Explore the Essential Metallica collection, which includes 10 classic Metallica songs for guitar:
- Enter Sandman
- Nothing Else Matters
- The Unforgiven
- Fade To Black
- Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
- Master Of Puppets
- For Whom The Bell Tolls
- Mama Said
The Essential Metallica collection for bass includes 9 classic Metallica songs.
What's included in the Juanes course
Juanes, a GRAMMY-winning Colombian singer-songwriter, shows how he communicates through music with his signature guitar riffs and rhythms. For the course, Yousician teamed up with Duolingo, the language learning app, to inspire players to speak the universal language of music. With content in Spanish and English, guitar players can learn how to "speak music" along with him through specially-designed tutorials.
The course includes a range of video lessons and exercises for guitar players. Songs have different difficulty levels and playing styles, so you can choose a version suitable for you.
To add subtitles to videos, pause the video and select subtitles from the menu options.
Juanes’ course includes:
- Inspirational advice and behind-the-scenes stories from Juanes’ musical journey.
- Advice about songwriting and communicating through music.
- Story of how "La Camisa Negra" came together.
- Tips and techniques for playing "La Camisa Negra", "Es Por Ti", "A Dios Le Pido", "Para Tu Amor", and "Me Enamora” (guitar).
What’s included in the Jason Mraz course
Jason Mraz, a GRAMMY-winning singer-songwriter, shares full song performances, and speaks about his experiences learning and performing music.
The course includes a range of video lessons and exercises for ukulele and guitar players. Songs have different difficulty levels and playing styles, so you can choose a version suitable for you.
Jason’s course includes:
- Tips and techniques for playing “I’m Yours” and “I Won’t Give Up” (guitar and ukulele).
- A never-before-heard ukulele version of “I Won’t Give Up,” exclusive to Yousician.
- Full song performances of “I’m Yours” and “I Won’t Give Up” (guitar and ukulele).
- Inspirational advice and behind-the-scenes stories from Jason’s musical journey.
- Access to all-new Jason Mraz song on Yousician: “93 Million Miles”.
How can I access the courses?
Where can I find the courses?
The Jason Mraz courses are available for guitar and ukulele. To access the guitar course, switch to guitar and head to the Songs tab. To access the ukulele course, change your instrument to ukulele and head to the Songs tab.