Teachers use Yousician in many different ways. Your students can go through as much or as little of the learning path as you like. Our content is designed to be very flexible, to allow teachers and students the ability to focus on individual needs.
If you like the learning path, you can have novice players start at the beginning and guide them through it. You can choose which themes they follow, and when to review and advance. The path is unlocked so experienced students can jump ahead to any mission that is appropriate for their skill level.
You can also supplement the learning path, or avoid it, by using our library of existing content. Use song search to find songs that cover a wide range of genres and techniques. These are all organized by difficulty level.
As an example, a lesson could look something like this:
- At the beginning of the lesson, have your students use the in-app tuner to tune their instruments.
- Start by having your students play some of the songs given as homework.
- Work on skills; pick something from the learning path or use song search to find content.
- Slow things down in Practice mode, or focus on specific parts of a song.
- Alternate between the different mission themes to keep things balanced and interesting for students.
- At the end of the class, you can give them homework. They can practice before the next lesson, to help them perfect skills and concepts you have taught.