Teachers use Yousician in many different ways. Your students can go through as much or as little of the syllabus as you like. Our content is designed to be very flexible, to allow teachers and students the ability to focus on individual needs.
If you like the syllabus, you can have novice players start at the beginning and guide them through it. You can choose which paths they follow, and when to review and advance.
To place experienced students at an appropriate level, have them play a Skill test (Try to unlock level X). These allow your students to jump ahead to any point, without having to play all the prior missions.
You can choose to supplement the syllabus, or avoid it, by using our library of existing content. Use song search to find songs that cover a wide range of genres and techniques. These are all organised by difficulty level.
As an example, a lesson could look something like this:
- At the beginning of the lesson, have your students use the in-app tuner to tune their instruments.
- Start by having your students play some of the songs given as homework.
- Work on skills; pick something from our syllabus or use song search to find content.
- Slow things down in Practice mode, or focus on specific parts of a song.
- Alternate between the different paths to keep things balanced and interesting for students.
- At the end of the class, you can give them homework. They can practice before the next lesson, to help them perfect skills and concepts you have taught.