The Yousician ukulele learning path aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded player needs. The path guides you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
You move through the learning path by completing tasks in the missions. Missions can include songs, video tutorials and trainers, that teach you the skills covered in the mission. Each mission has its own theme to help you identify your favorite topics. The path is unlocked, so you are free to explore it. You can skip to any mission you want to play, and focus on specific skills. You can also skip tasks within a mission. Bear in mind though that you need to play each task within a mission to complete it.
Yousician ukulele has 8 complete levels that are divided into themes.
- Melody and Fingerpicking teach you to play main themes and melodies. They cover playing techniques such as picking, double stops, and speed.
- Chord teaches accompaniment. It includes strumming and covers lots of different chords.
You can focus on one theme and follow your interests, or change between them at any time, moving at your own pace.
The missions are grouped into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is perfect for beginners. Even if you have played before, it's still good to start with the initial mission, to adjust to Yousician way of teaching.
- With each level you learn a bit more complicated chords and melodies.
- By level 5 you have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs and jam with your friends.
Combined, there are over a thousand exercises from level 0 to 8 and beyond. These include Yousician-original songs and famous songs, included in the Premium+ subscription. You can browse through them in-app using song search as well as on our website.
We send an Activity report every Monday, to the email address assigned to your game account. You can review f.ex the number of notes you played and your total play time the previous week. We email you the report if you played at least 10 minutes during the previous week.