The Yousician guitar syllabus covers skills needed to become a modern well-rounded guitarist. It includes a vast range of musical styles and playing techniques, and equips you with skills, to tackle any specialization you wish to play. The syllabus guides you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
You move through the syllabus by completing missions. Missions are groups of songs, video tutorials, and exercises that teach you the skills covered in the mission.
Yousician guitar has 10 complete levels in Lead and Rhythm paths, and 5 levels in the Knowledge path.
- In the Lead path you play melodies and solos. It covers playing techniques such as picking, legato, hammer & pull, bending, and speed.
- In the Knowledge path you learn about musical alphabet, fretboard, and keys & octaves. You can also develop your musical hearing with "Ear trainers".
- In the Rhythm path you play accompaniment. It covers chords such as basic, power and barre chords as well as strumming and fingerpicking.
We recommend that you play all paths to become a well-rounded guitarist. You can change paths at any time, moving between them at your own pace.
The missions are grouped into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginner with no experience.
- By level 5 you have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs and jam with your friends.
- By level 10 you are able to master most songs with techniques such as barre chords, fingerpicking, and solos.
Combined, there are thousands of exercises from level 0 to 10 and beyond. These include Yousician-original songs and famous songs, included in the Premium+ subscription. You can browse through them in-app using song search as well as on our website.
At the end of each level you get to play skill test. This allows you to review the skills you learned during that level. Experienced players can play the skill tests to jump ahead to higher levels.
We send an Activity report every Monday, to the email address assigned to your game account. You can review f.ex the number of notes you played and your total play time the previous week. We email you the report if you played at least 10 minutes during the previous week.