The Yousician guitar syllabus covers skills needed to become a modern well-rounded guitarist. It includes a vast range of musical styles and playing techniques, and equips you with skills to tackle any specialization you wish to play. The syllabus guides you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
You move through the syllabus by completing tasks in the missions. Missions can include songs, video tutorials and trainers, that teach you the skills covered in the mission. Each mission has its own theme to help you identify your favorite topics. The syllabus is unlocked, so you are free to explore it. You can skip to any mission you want to play, and focus on specific skills. You can also skip tasks within a mission. Bear in mind though, that you need to play each task within a mission to complete it.
Yousician guitar has 10 complete playing levels that are divided into themes.
- Melody, riffs and lead teach playing techniques including picking, legato, hammer & pull, bending, and speed.
- Chord and rhythm teach accompaniment. They include strumming and riffs and cover chords such as cowboy, moveable and barre chords.
- Knowledge theme has 5 levels and teaches music theory. It includes musical alphabet, fretboard, and keys & octaves. You can also develop your musical hearing with "Ear trainers".
You can focus on one theme and follow your interests, or change between them at any time, moving at your own pace.
The missions are grouped into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is perfect for beginners. Even if you have played before, it's still good to start with the initial missions, to adjust to Yousician way of teaching.
- By level 5 you have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs and jam with your friends.
- By level 10 you are able to master most songs with techniques such as barre chords, fingerpicking, and solos.
Combined, there are thousands of exercises from level 0 to 10 and beyond. These include Yousician-original songs and famous songs, included in the Premium+ subscription. You can browse through them in-app using song search as well as on our website.
We send an Activity report every Monday, to the email address assigned to your game account. You can review f.ex the number of notes you played and your total play time the previous week. We email you the report if you played at least 10 minutes during the previous week.