You can access Practice mode by selecting Practice on the song start screen, and Play mode by selecting Play. You can also toggle between the two modes from the in-song Pause menu.
- Practice one hand only by turning off Left or Right from the options.
- To hear what the chord/key sounds like, toggle on Play for me to use the synthesizer.
- Metronome adds a steady beat to the song. This enables you to maintain the song tempo while practicing.
- Toggling on Mute song silences the backing track.
- When Loop lead-in is on, you get a one bar count in at restart.
- Practice at your own speed to master the song. Adjust the tempo yourself or use the Auto tempo feature.
The progress bar at the bottom of the screen shows your position in a song. You can loop any section in a song by moving the arrows.
Watch this video for more information about looping and the benefits of using it.
- Play as well as you can to advance to the next task.
- Complete tasks to progress in the syllabus.
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have starts at 3x when you play a song, or a section in a song. It is visible in the top left corner in Play mode
The number goes down or up depending on how you play. If you consistently play notes correctly, the app adds 'lives' for you up to 5x.