The Yousician piano syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well rounded pianist needs. The syllabus guides you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
Yousician piano has 9 complete levels in Classical and Pop paths, and 5 levels in the Knowledge path.
- The Classical path focuses on learning and playing songs that work well in a solo piano setting. This includes genres such as classical, singer/songwriter, and piano-driven pop. The path offers a variety of famous classical pieces, as well as Yousician original songs in different styles.
- The Knowledge path is an exciting addition that teaches you to read sheet music and also to create your own songs. This path includes a series of mini games that teach you a mix of vocabulary, scales, chord training, and many other important tools.
- The Pop path focuses on learning and playing songs that work well in a band setting. This includes genres like rock, blues, reggae, and jazz. The songs in this path are "groove-based," which means you learn about the chords and rhythms that go with different band styles.
We recommend that you play all paths to become a well balanced pianist. You can change paths at any time, moving between them at your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels.
- Level 0 is perfect for beginners. Even if you have played before, it's still good to start with the initial mission, to adjust to Yousician way of teaching.
- Which each level, you learn a bit more complicated chords and melodies.
- By level 5, you have the skills to pick up lots of songs with chords and melodies, accompany yourself and play with others.
Combined, there is well over a thousand songs from level 0 to 9 and beyond. These include Yousician-original songs and famous songs, included in Premium+ subscription. You can browse through them in-app using song search as well as on our website.
At the end of each level you get to play skill test. This allows you to review the skills you learned during that level. Experienced players can play the skill tests to jump ahead to higher levels.
We send an Activity report every Monday, to the email address assigned to your game account. You can review f.ex the number of notes you played and your total play time the previous week. We email you the report if you played at least 10 minutes during the previous week.