The piano learning path aims to cover everything you need to become a well-rounded pianist. It includes a range of musical styles and playing techniques. The path guides you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
You move through the learning path by completing tasks in the missions. Missions can include songs, video tutorials and trainers, that teach you the skills covered in the mission. Each mission has its own theme to help you identify your favorite topics. The path is unlocked, so you are free to explore it. You can skip to any mission you want to play, and focus on specific skills. You can also skip tasks within a mission. Bear in mind though that you need to play each task within a mission to complete it.
Yousician piano has 9 complete levels in Classical and Pop themes, and 5 levels in the Knowledge theme.
- Classical focuses on learning and playing songs that work well in a solo piano setting. This includes genres such as classical, singer/songwriter, and piano-driven pop. The theme offers a variety of famous classical pieces, as well as Yousician original songs in different styles.
- Pop focuses on learning and playing songs that work well in a band setting. This includes genres like rock, blues, reggae, and jazz. The songs in this path are "groove-based," which means you learn about the chords and rhythms that go with different band styles.
- Knowledge teaches music theory including how to read sheet music. It includes a series of mini games that teach you a mix of vocabulary, scales, chord training, and many other important tools.
You can focus on one theme and follow your interests, or change between them at any time, moving at your own pace.
The missions are grouped into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is perfect for beginners. Even if you have played before, it's still good to start with the initial mission, to adjust to Yousician way of teaching.
- With each level, you learn a bit more complicated chords and melodies.
- By level 5, you have the skills to pick up lots of songs with chords and melodies, accompany yourself and play with others.
Combined, there are well over a thousand songs from level 0 to 9 and beyond. These include Yousician-original songs and famous songs, included in Premium+ subscription. You can browse through them in-app using song search as well as on our website.
We send an Activity report every Monday, to the email address assigned to your game account. You can review f.ex the number of notes you played and your total play time the previous week. We email you the report if you played at least 10 minutes during the previous week.
If you are curious about who’s behind the music you play on Yousician, get to know the 7 passionate music professionals who’ve helped millions of music learners.