In the Game tab you can switch between instruments. You can also customize audio settings and control certain in-app features.
Adjust the song backing track and tutorial video volumes. Drag the slider left to decrease or right to increase the volume.
Adjust the volume of the in-app sound effects. Drag the slider left to decrease or right to increase the volume.
Language (guitar & ukulele)
In Yousician Guitar and Ukulele, you can change the language to Chinese (simplified or traditional), French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Russian and English. Yousician Piano, Bass and Singing are available in English.
Advanced audio settings
- Buffer size (iOS & Android): Smaller buffer decreases audio latency, but it may cause performance issues. Larger buffer has longer audio latency, but better performance.
- Use MIDI (piano): When your piano is connected to a device and you press a key on it, the app asks you to use MIDI. You can toggle off the MIDI option with this setting.
- Driver: Enables you to select between drivers, such as ASIO when used. Yousician on Android has the option to select between AAudio, Android Audio, Android OpenSL drivers. If you encounter latency issues on Android, try switching to a different driver.
- Input device: The inbuilt microphone in your device is the default option. If you use an audio interface, you can select it as the default input device instead.
- Input channel: The default input channel is set to the first available one. If you are using an external audio interface with many channels, you can select the channel in Yousician that matches the one on your interface.
- Latency calibration: Enables you to calibrate your device audio to reduce latency.
- MIDI sensitivity (piano): Some keyboards have the ability to perceive when a key is played soft vs hard. The more strength used, the louder the sound produced. When you select higher sensitivity, Yousician produces the MIDI sound accordingly. If you use a mobile device and the piano sound is delayed, set the buffer size to 256 or lower. This setting is available if you use a MIDI connection.
Shortcuts (PC & Mac)
List of keyboard shortcuts to use on PC/Mac computers.
(mobile and touch screen enabled devices only)
When toggled on, it adds a touch key piano to your screen. If you have a piano/keyboard instrument, make sure that the toggle is off (gray). The option is available for beginner level exercises only.
Fullscreen (PC & Mac)
Change Yousician to full screen mode by toggling the option on (green slider). In full screen mode, you can try different display resolution settings to change the size of the font and icons in-app.
Change the game play colors in guitar, ukulele and bass. The available themes are Protanopia, Deuteranopia and Tritanopia.
Toggle on to use a dark theme in Practice and Play mode for guitar, ukulele and bass. Note: you can not use standard notation options in Dark mode.
Pre-song chord trainers
Toggle on to practice guitar or ukulele chords before you play a song.
Toggle on if you play left handed guitar, ukulele or bass.
Song data cache
If you have trouble opening songs in-app, try clearing the cache with this option.