The bass learning path aims to cover everything you need to become a well-rounded bassist. It includes a range of musical styles and playing techniques. The path guides you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
You move through the learning path by completing tasks in the missions. Missions can include songs, video tutorials and trainers, that teach you the skills covered in the mission. Each mission has its own theme to help you identify your favorite topics. The path is unlocked, so you are free to explore it. You can skip to any mission you want to play, and focus on specific skills. You can also skip tasks within a mission. Bear in mind though, that you need to play each task within a mission to complete it.
Yousician bass has 9 complete levels in the Playing theme and 5 levels in the Knowledge theme.
- Playing covers techniques such as fretting, plucking, riffing, walking bass lines, and more..
- Knowledge teaches music theory and you learn how music works. These skills help you pick up songs by ear and jam along with others.
You can focus on one theme and follow your interests, or change between them at any time, moving at your own pace.
The missions are grouped into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is perfect for beginners. Even if you have played before, it's still good to start with the initial missions, to adjust to Yousician way of teaching.
- By level 5 you have a strong foundation in playing basslines to lots of popular songs and styles.
- By level 9 you are able to play a large variety of styles and songs with demanding speed and technique.
Combined, there are over a thousand exercises from level 0 to 9 and beyond. These include Yousician-original songs and famous songs, included in Premium+ subscription. You can browse through them in-app using song search as well as on our website.
We send an Activity report every Monday, to the email address assigned to your game account. You can review f.ex the number of notes you played and your total play time the previous week. We email you the report if you played at least 10 minutes during the previous week.
If you are curious about who’s behind the music you play on Yousician, get to know the 7 passionate music professionals who’ve helped millions of music learners.